Are you interested in becoming a flight attendant and touring the world while getting paid? If yes, then you should first take up flight attendant training to boost your chances of getting hired by an airline company. Contrary to popular belief, training for cabin crew is a difficult experience that aspirants should finish if they want to be considered for the position.
One of the many requirements to be a flight attendant is to have certain skills and abilities that you can provide to passengers in a flight. One of these certificates is an RSA (responsible service of alcohol) training, which will help you in administering alcoholic beverages to passengers. Another popular requirement is first aid training, which can potentially save lives in an emergency situation.
As you can see, pursuing flight attendant careers do not only require a pleasing personality and a healthy body, but also the ability to execute certain skills in tight situations. These and many more are what you are going to learn in air stewardess training.
Fortunately, taking up and finishing these courses are easy and take just a week or two. Here are some of the things you will get after you finish the courses:
- Lots of career opportunities – After finishing a related course, you will have a number of career options, including flight attendant, cabin crew, and even airline customer service and hospitality.
- Certificate that is recognised and accredited by the government – Completing an online course will earn you an achievement certificate in Flight Attendant and Cabin Crew Course. This is a nationally recognised and accredited certificate that you can use for your application. Airline companies are more impressed in people who take time and effort in learning to become an air steward.
- A head start in the aviation industry – While anyone can apply for a flight attendant position as long as they have the necessary documents, companies prefer individuals who already have a head start in knowing more about the aviation industry. Simply put, aviation companies are often more interested in those people who have finished the relevant courses and trainings for the position.
These are just some of the many other benefits of enrolling in cabin crew courses online. Once you finish the course and the necessary trainings, there are some flight attendant requirements that you need to prepare:
- Comprehensive resume or CV
- Educational background and relevant trainings attended
- List of references
- Full-body photo wearing a business attire
In addition, you should also be aware that some airline companies have various physical criteria that they implement when screening applicants. Some of these include a standard height and weight requirement, ability to lift a certain amount of weight, capability to put out live fires, and other things that will make you an all-around employee for the aircraft during its flight.
Also, the company may conduct additional health examinations to make sure that you are fit to fly, as well as security and background check to ensure that you or your affiliations will not pose security risks.
If you have decided that you really want to pursue this career in the aviation industry, then you better check out some of the courses offered in Flight Attendant Courses. This online institution has been operating for years, and has produced successful stories from its former students. Flight Attendant Courses also has a known top-notch reputation within the aviation industry, and so its certificate holders will get the same distinction and respect.
Have you been dreaming of becoming a flight attendant ever since you were little? Do you feel that your dream is slowly slipping away? If you just sit there in your home and envy your friends on Facebook, then nothing remarkable will happen. But if you decide to pursue your dream and start a career in the aviation industry, then your first step is to take up flight attendant courses.
Contrary to popular belief, flight attendants do not just stand, wave, smile and greet people boarding and leaving the plane. They are trained professionals who are given the responsibility to provide assistance to passengers to ensure that they have a comfortable and hassle-free experience during the entire trip.
Aside from taking care of passengers, flight stewards and stewardesses also serve meals and snacks, provide comfort items and reading materials, and stay alert in the event of an emergency. So if you still want to fulfill your purpose in life to become an air hostess, then you should finish the relevant training for flight attendant.
Where Can I Start?
Good thing there are online institutions that offer courses and trainings for cabin crew, hospitality service, and customer assistance. These courses can be taken online so if you are currently employed, you do not have to miss workdays just to come to class or trainings.
Here are some factors you have to consider when choosing an online institution where you will enroll in flight attendant programs:
- Accredited and recognised – The first thing you should check in an online institution is whether the government accredits it or not. If the government does not recognise it, then any certificate you earn will not be recognised or honored either.
- Reputation – Once you have checked that the institution is recognised by the government, you should also see if it is known and trusted by reputable airline companies. Most of the time, if an airline company trusts an online institution, it will be easier for you to apply as cabin crew and flight attendant.
- Rates – This should definitely be a factor, especially that you are still investing on your air hostess training and education. Can you afford the rates for the course? Are the payment terms flexible? Do you think the instructional services to be offered will be worth it? You have to know these things beforehand so you get an informed decision.
After taking note of these things, you may now proceed with your actual education and training to meet the air hostess qualifications. While you’re at it, your next move is to prepare yourself to become a flight attendant.
Prepare for Change
Working as a flight stewardess requires a lifestyle change, and you have to face any challenge that comes your way. You will need to choose where you want to be based, whether locally or abroad. Then, you have to relocate to your chosen location.
Another thing you should remember is to keep yourself physically fit. Your body should be strong enough to ward off the usual illnesses brought by passengers, and you should be able to bounce back to work even after a long flight.
Yes, it is good to know that you can still reach your dream and become a flight attendant, but you have to act now and enroll in an air hostess course. One of the most trusted institutions around is Flight Attendant Courses, which offer various trainings and online courses for individuals like you who want to jump start their career.
Flight attendants or stewards are probably among the most popular jobs in the world. If what you earn for a living requires you to go to different places, what more can you ask for, right? However, most people do not know that flight attendant qualifications are more than just having a pretty face and a pleasing personality.
While most airline companies will accept applications from anyone who has an ID, passport and documents, they prefer individuals who take the initiative to step forward in completing flight attendant training.
If you have already finished the related courses and trainings, here are seven things you should prepare for:
- Wear heavy makeup almost all the time. Whether you are a male or female attendant, you will be required to wear makeup to conceal any pimples, blemishes and spots. Every time you step on the airport, even if you are not working, you should at least have thin mascara. However, wearing extreme types of makeup is not allowed either.
- Relocate near your base city or airport. Relocation is one of the more difficult things you should prepare for once you are accepted as an attendant. In your application, you will specify which location you want to be based upon. In your new home, there are chances that you will live with your fellow attendants.
- Long trips and short vacations.Most people think that flight attendants can spend all the time they want in a certain location. In a usual workweek, members of the cabin crew work for about 35 hours. A flight can take up to 8-12 hours, and the next day you have to prepare for another flight right away.
- Be organised and neat at all times. Wear your uniform properly and remember not to experiment certain ways to wear it. Facial hair, especially among men, should be neatly trimmed, taking note that the lips should always be completely visible.
- Keep your body healthy and in tip-top shape. As a cabin crew, your body should be strong enough to battle usual sicknesses, jetlag and fatigue. You should be able to bounce back right away after a long flight.
- Maintaining composure in emergency situations. While the number of emergency situations that take place inside planes is quite low, it is your duty to be prepared at all times. In times where the plane is experiencing heavy turbulence, you are responsible in keeping everyone relaxed, and reassuring them of their safety.
- Listen to all sorts of problems. The cabin crew is responsible in attending to the passengers’ concerns and problems. Once you become a flight attendant, you should prepare yourself to listen carefully to your passengers. No matter how trivial or ridiculous the concern may be, remain composed and always ask the right questions.
These are just some of the things that you should prepare for after finishing your flight attendant courses. Aside from these, there are also some documents you need to get and prepare for, including your birth certificate and some certifications that show you can administer alcoholic beverages (RSA training), and apply first aid. You need to complete these certificates as part of air hostess requirements for some companies.
Flight Attendant Courses is one of the most trusted online institutions in Australia that offer trainings and other courses for individuals like you who want to pursue a career in the aviation industry. If you want to take up a flight stewardess course to jump-start your job hunt, then this institution is a great choice.